Join Our Team
About Akadeum Life Sciences, Inc.
Akadeum Life Sciences, a lean life science startup, is located in Ann Arbor, MI. Founded in 2014, Akadeum was established to create the simplest bioseparation
products, and to fundamentally change the way that isolating cells and other biological targets is approached. Akadeum currently uses microbubbles for applications in cell separation and other related areas.
Akadeum Life Sciences, Inc. offers a dynamic entrepreneurial working environment. For consideration, please submit a resume along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Akadeum Life Sciences, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer.
Ann Arbor, MI
- Carry out the manufacture of microbubble products, including conjugation chemistry and protein engineering;
- Perform verification testing as part of our manufacturing quality system;
- Manage supply and product inventory for the manufacturing group;
- Assist with new product prototyping and chemistry optimization;
- Assist with equipment and instrument maintenance and calibration;
- Assist with general lab maintenance including preparing buffers, lab organization, laboratory safety, etc.;
- 75% or more of job duties will be carried out at the bench
- Comfort working with quickly evolving technology and manufacturing protocols;
- Extensive experience with particle or macromolecular conjugation chemistry;
- Experience with flow cytometry; UV/Vis and fluorescence spectroscopy;
- General basic lab skills (pipetting, preparation of buffers, lab notebook record keeping, etc);
- Document and spreadsheet creation related to manufacturing processes and associated quality systems;
- Masters Degree in chemical engineering or organic chemisty or equivalent industry experience.
Research Associate / Associate Scientist
Ann Arbor, MI
- Perform product development testing of new microbubble products under direction of senior scientist or equivalent.
- General lab maintenance including preparing buffers, cell culture, lab organization, etc.
- Analyze data and document and present the results
- 75% or more of job duties will be carried out at the bench Qualifications:
- Direct experience with magnetic cell separation and other separation technologies
- Working knowledge of immunology
- Mammalian cell/tissue culture experience
- Experience with flow cytometry equipment and techniques
- General basic lab skills (pipetting, preparation of buffers, lab notebook record keeping, etc.)
- Bachelor Degree in biological sciences (immunology or similar preferred)
- 3-6+ years of working experience in academia or industry.